Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nightmare: Avenged Sevenfold

Many Avenged Sevenfold fans were devastated to find out Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died. This is their first album without him, and let me say, I think The Rev's death caused them to lose two points of awesomeness level. First of all, this album overall is great, but there are some really annoying songs on the album. First of all, I appreciate when bands try to go for slow songs once in a while. System of a Down did it successfully, and so did Three Days Grace, but what I've learned is that some bands just can't pull it off. The most annoying song in particular is So Far Away. I CANNOT stand it. Save Me was also a disappointment, and on top of that it was 11 minutes. Fiction was actually a slow song they could pull off, and it's about The Rev. Another complaint I had was the fact uses religious images in their music pretty unintelligently. They have a song called God Hates Us (hint hint) and in the song it states that God supposedly hates you if you sin. Hey A7X, do your homework by reading the bible a little.  God doesn't hate everybody who sins. Then they also have their famous Nightmare, which is in my opinion A7X's best song. They also showed off their heavier and darker side with God Hates Us. M. Shadows screams for the first time in like, what, 4 years? Just don't play this song in church. This album may have it's bad parts, but I think it's still worth it to get the whole album. B-

What to Download:
Nightmare
Welcome to the Family
Danger Line
Natural Born Killer
God Hates Us
Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment