Saturday, November 20, 2010

V for Vendetta; Movie Review

First of all, let me get this out of the way. I am a huge Alan Moore fan. I haven't read much of his work, but after reading Watchmen, I could guarantee Alan Moore is awesome. And when I heard of this movie, I was super excited. But after watching it, I think I put my expectations a little too high for somethings, and other things I was surprised by. This movie IS dark. I mean DARK. But since it revolves around mostly the terrorist, V, the terror and darkness is nearly glorified. As in, blowing up a humongous building. You don't hear much about the cons of that, you hear all about the pros of that happening. "This country needs more than a building right now, it needs hope." I really expected this as an extremely violent movie, it   revolving around a terrorist and all, but it left out a lot of the blood and gore it could have easily had. I wasn't very impressed with the acting much, because Natalie Portman has played in a lot of other movies and she was great in my opinion. But this one, she wasn't that good. I was surprised at the cinematography, though. The ending was BRILLIANT how they had that all planned out like it was. Even after a few disappointments, this is a great movie. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment