Friday, December 9, 2011

The Muppets; Movie Review

Thanks to some optimistic motivational speaking, this blog is once again active. Well, the motivational speaking sparked it, but that's not the entire story. Mom brought up how I haven't posted on my blog, but it got me worried. M last post was the one where I stated it was inactive, but the catch was: I had posted a link to my YouTube channel. The last thing I needed was her finding about the channel, (which is flipping awesome btw) so I deleted the post. Then, I saw I had like, 8,000 pageviews, and I was like, "MOFO!!! 8,000 PAGEVIEWS!!!" And now my blog has been born again, and reimagined. First off, new ratings system. From fayul to fepic:
1. FAYUL!
2. SUCKS!
3. MEH.
4. PRETTY KEWL...
5. FEPIC
^^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty awesome if you ask me. So now, onto my first review in months. Of course, The Muppets. Going into this, the only thing I was familiar with Muppets was the "Mahna Mahna!" bit, which a genius accomplishment in cinema. (Teehee! Sarcasm!) Come to think of it, that was the only reason I went into this movie... <<< Scratch that. I wish I was cool enough to say that, but in actuality I was dragged to go see this on Thanksgiving. I was with family, and Harold and Kumar Christmas might not have been the best family movie, so we settled on this. The Muppets takes place pretty much in the real world where, like the real world, they aren't relevant anymore... BUT THAT'S ABOUT TO CHANGE!!!... or whatever. Now, let me tell you, I was a little disappointed. I was actually expecting this to be just overwhelmingly hilarious and original... and that BS. Hell, a tour de force for God's sake. Now, by no means is it bad. Just... fell short. IMO, it was, dare I say it, pretty boring until about the last 30 minutes of the film. The first hour is pretty much made up of puns and jokes only people who grew up with the Muppets would laugh at, and Jason Segel being a tool. (Which I'll get to later.) Don't get me wrong, there were a few things I loved in the first hour or so, but I only chuckled like twice. :/ My Mom loved it, considering she grew up with The Muppets. But I can't blame her. If they made an Invader Zim movie when I'm like thirty, I'll buy it blu-ray or Blu-ray 2000 or whatever the hell they'll have. I'll drag my kids to it, and condescend on them for not being exposed to the genius cartoons we had as a child. Another problem: Jason Freaking Segel. Nothing against him, but in this movie he pissed me off SO. FREAKING. MUCH. It feels like he's trying to be Mr. Rogers or some sh*t, and he can't pull it off.
Now that we've gotten all the bad stuff out of the way, or, in this case, the first hour of the film out of the way, we can move on. In the last 30 minutes of the film, they put on one big last show, and I can tell you it's hilarious. I mean, Zach Galifianakis makes an appearance, they rehash modern songs, OH! and Jack Black makes an appearance, and all the awesome stuff that should've been there earlier was here! And it became one of my favorite moments in cinema. I'm not even kidding.
In a nutshell, this movie has it's downs, but it certainly doesn't deserve a "MEH" so Pretty Kewl with be it's rating.
RATING: PRETTY KEWL!
-- Cheers, Cawub

No comments:

Post a Comment