Saturday, September 25, 2010

Linkin Park: A Thousand Suns Review


    Linkin Park Triumphs With a New Sound
    This. Album. Is. Awesome. It's probably one of the most original albums I've ever heard. There aren't many other things that sound quite like this. It's like a breath of fresh air from mainstream rock. I realize Linkin Park has changed with their sound, but there's no reason to hate on this. They have matured. Maturing doesn't mean no more screaming, by the way. :-/ It means they aren't screaming about, "Get away from me." "SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" "Don't turn your back on me, I WON'T BE IGNORED!" anymore. Sure, I like LP's older music. But if you think Linkin Park sold out with this record, you would be incorrect. For example, instead of yelling about teen angst, they'd be, for example, singing about how technology is evolving our nation, for better or for worse. In Waiting for the End. If you still think they've sold out, go listen to some Limp Bizkit and stop hating on their new style. This album is truly epic, and is a breath of fresh air. If you like modern, different music, this is for you. Go get this album! B+

No comments:

Post a Comment