Saturday, October 23, 2010

Out of Ashes - Dead by Sunrise - Review


I bought this album because Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park, is in this band. And yes, you guessed right. He is lead singer. Don't get me wrong, I love Linkin Park, but this was total let down. It kind of sounds like new Linkin Park mixed with Nirvana and a little heavier vocals. It doesn't sound like a bad idea, but this was still a disappointment. It doesn't have very deep melodies, the lyrics DEFINITELY need some working on, and in a nutshell, it was just flat-out boring. There may have been one or two good tracks, but that's it. Fort Minor is completely different, besides having a member from Linkin Park as well. I recommend you do not buy this album. The only tracks worth buying are Crawl Back In and My Suffering. Crawl Back In is a little more lyrically sufficient than the others, but still gets boring quickly. D+
What to Download: Crawl Back In and My Suffering
What parents may get mad about: This is mostly a clean album, except there is some violent material and there are one or two h-bombs and one s-bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment