Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Rising Tied - Fort Minor - Review


I decided to get this a year or two ago because this is Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park's side project. At the time, I had just finished listening to Out of Ashes by Dead by Sunrise, and was disappointed. (I'm posting a review of that after this one) I wasn't expecting much from this one, considering the disappointment from Out of Ashes. I usually listen to an album all the way through listening to each song once. But after hearing Remember the Name, I quickly thought, "Let me hear that 8 or 9 more times." After that, I listened to the rest of the album, expecting girls and drugs like most other rap albums, but this was different. It's a change. A good change. Not having to listen to those themes all the way through. Yes it has it's fair amount of f-bombs, but not as often as the Jay-Z or Eminem's of the world. Some people have criticized it for being accused of being targeted to towards children who hate rap, or that it borrows beats from Linkin Park. Just because this does not sound like Eminem, doesn't mean it isn't decent rap. In my opinion, it's rap done right, no matter how old I am or what music I'm in to. A

What to download: Hit songs Remember the Name, Where'd You Go, Believe Me, and a few others like Kenji, Petrified, and In Stereo.
What parents may get mad about: It has a fair amount of cursing, but it's not really a big habit. There is also a song called Cigarettes, but it has more to do with how music can change you, like a cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment