Thursday, October 21, 2010

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance - Review


    First of all, yes, I was introduced to My Chemical Romance from listening to The Black Parade. The album where they supposedly, "sold out". This is the same with Green Day, I was first introduced to them through American idiot. Well, when that came out, that was the age I actually started to care about the radio, and what came on the radio. For a while, I was happy with The Black Parade. That was the one that topped the charts and everything right? It HAS to be their best one! For that sake, I was wrong... kind of. This is My Chemical Romance's darkest and most powerful album. No doubt. I still don't think The Black Parade "sold out" My Chemical Romance. Sure, they ditched the heavier vocals and darker lyrics, but that doesn't mean they "sold out". If they "sold out" they would have turned into Far East Movement or The Jonas Brothers. Which they didn't. Now, on to the album. I liked all the tracks. Softer songs like Helena and To the End were great, but the songs like You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us In Prison, I'm Not Okay, and Give 'Em Hell, Kid were great and were different from the My Chemical Romance I know considering they were a lot heavier. But overall, the most emotional and incredible song on the whole album was I Never Told You What I Do For A Living. That song is by far their best song they have ever written. EVER. Trust me, just listen to it.What I thought was great were the songs like Hang 'Em High where it starts out like a jolly song and then turns into a heavy masterpiece. If you are a My Chemical Romance fan then this should definitely be in your CD or iTunes library or whatever. A-

What to download: Helena, Give 'Em Hell Kid, You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us In Prison, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), The Ghost of You, Thank You For the Venom, and Hang 'Em High. I Never Told You What I Do For A Living,
What your parents may get mad about: The fact that it is considered an emo band under some circumstances, which the leader of the band says it's bullcrap. It's still not dark enough to get out of touch with my comfort zone, but that's coming from a 12 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment